Wednesday, March 13, 2013

It's all about LOVE.

I have to say I do my deepest thinking as I am walking from one end of campus to another.

And today, I was thinking about what it is that drives everything that I do.  
What founds my standards.  
What encourages me to get up in the morning. 
What causes me to act the way I do.
What was that fundamental aspect that drives my life?

And I think I've figured it out.

It all comes down to LOVE.


I love people.  I love meeting new people, interacting with them, sharing with them, serving them. 
I love my family.  I live my life the way I do so that I can spend eternity with them. 
I love my husband.  Each day, I find new things about him that I helplessly love.  And he motivates me to be better.
I love my Church.  I am an LDS member because I have felt God's love for me, and I love Him. I don't obey the commandments because I have to.  I obey them because I love Him.
I love the sun on my face.
I love eating food.  Delicious food.
I love crawling in to warm sheets.
I love saying my prayers, and know that someone is listening.
I love that feeling when you realize that you have answered someone else's prayers.
I love the feel of sand in between my toes.
I love to smile.  Smile so big that eyes squint and my upper lip curls up.
I love to LOVE.

And so, I get up in the morning because I love life.  Every little bit of it.  Even the bugs, the clouds, the pimples, the pudges, the assignments, the endless hours of work. 

 I just love life.



What do YOU love?

(And yes, as I was writing this post Ewan McGregor's "All You Need is Love" was playing in my head.)

1 comment:

  1. a girl has got to eat
    we'll end up on the street
    love is just a game

    thanks - its now stuck in my head too.

    loved this.
    miss you
    and living next to you.
    our new neighbors are nowhere near as loving (or happy, gorgeous, and musically talented)

    ReplyDelete